Hair growth challenge
New year, new challenges !
After a survey on instagram, I decided to launch a hair growth challenge.
The goal of the challenge is to adopt the right gestures and the right hair routine to promote hair growth and especially keep the length !
We often have the impression that our hair is not growing not but this it's not the case. Hair grows well every months but he you must know how to retain the length, that is to say, avoid hair breakage.
In this article, I will present the gestures and the routine to adapt to promote hair growth and keep length. The challenge grows will last 6 weeks . Are you motivated?
1..2..3.. Here we go !
Step 1: Handle your hair less often
- To keep hair length, avoid handling it too often. For this, throughout the duration of the challenge we will adapt several protective hairstyles. here is a example of hairstyles that you can adapt: bun, twist, flat twist, braids, bantu knots. ..
- It will be necessary to use the comb / brush less often and to favor a gentle disentangling with the fingers. The rule of gold : Never on hair dry and always spikes to the top.
- Sleep with a satin hat or scarf
- Heating devices such as straighteners, hair dryers will be carefully stored at the back of the cupboard for the duration of the challenge.
Step 2: 100% natural
during 6 weeks we will use only natural products and homemade treatments !
Here is an example routine 100 % natural (you can adapt this routine according to your hair type and needs see How to build a simple and natural routine )
- Shampoo once a week. Use a shampoo that is preferably mild and natural. I recommend the La terre bleue shampoo for normal to dry hair
- Make a nourishing treatment BEFORE the shampoo
Example of care: Mix the Shea Chantilly with honey and 1 vegetable oil of your choice. Leave on for 30 min then shampoo
- Do a detox treatment at least once
Example of care: Mix 3 tablespoons of Neem powder with water, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 tablespoons of the synergy of vegetable oils (available in Box of the month ). Apply to your hair and massage your scalp well. Leave on for 30 min then shampoo
- Make a moisturizer after shampooing
- Perform a protein treatment once during the challenge
Example of care: Mix in a container 2 egg yolks with 1 vegetable oil of your choice. Apply after your shampoo. Leave on for 20 min then rinse
- Moisturize and nourish your hair daily several times a week
spray: water + aloe vera gel + vegetable glycerin
Seal the hydration with 1 vegetable oil of your choice or the shea whipped cream.
Step 3: Massage your scalp
Massaging the scalp is an important step that is often overlooked. Massaging the scalp activates blood circulation and thus promotes hair growth. The scalp massage is will in several stages.
The first week of the challenge : We are going to adopt the inversion method which consists of massaging his scalp with an oil for 5 minutes head down (be careful if you have back problems). during 1 week we will do this method every night
The rest of the challenge : We will massage our scalp normally (not upside down) for 5 minutes and 3 times per week.
You can use the vegetable oil of your choice and add a few drops of essential oil of peppermint (You should avoid essential oils if you are a pregnant woman or nursing and pay attention to the dosage).
Step 4: Adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Drink water
- Eat healthy
- Do a sports activity
Here you have all the keys to start the push challenge! Do not hesitate to share your experience and your photos with the #PousseKarikeith